Friday, November 29, 2019

Art as Self-Care


This time of year especially, life gets busy, and it can be hard to squeeze in time to create.  But you don't have to block out hours to find that moment of creative bliss.  As Henry Thoreau said, "Simplify, simplify." Here are some ideas for giving yourself a little artistic self-care during the busy holiday season.

YouTube is chock-full of short watercolor painting DIY videos.  Here are a few of my recent creations and the video links for each.  Happy Painting!


Painting inspiration from artist Ellen Crimi-Trent's video Winter Landscape Tutorial.



Shayda Campbell's video Every Watercolor Flower You'll Ever Need! inspired this wreath painting.  I drew a circle lightly in pencil, then arranged the flowers around that guideline.

My dear friend & pen pal of 25 years sent me a vintage calendar, and I added winter greenery snippets inspired by Shayda Campbell's video Winter Watercolor Leaves.  I look forward to writing a letter to on my new stationery!

No comments:

Post a Comment