Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Reconnecting at Breakfast




































This morning I woke up and this is what I saw out my kitchen window:



As I ate oatmeal and drank hot tea, I picked up a few Micron pens and my colored pencil set to sketch.




The holidays can take us away from our routines, and finding just a few minutes for a sketch reconnects us to nature, to what is deeply meaningful, calming and real.  As your pen travels down the contours of an elegantly twisted Black Cherry tree, you connect with the tree's essence and native beauty, and you are reminded that you, too are part of Creation.  This feeling of community with nature heals me, settles me, and lights that spark of joy in my heart that I am a living being on this amazing planet.

May you find a moment to reconnect through art today.









No comments:

Post a Comment