Friday, July 16, 2021

Portrait of a Young Nerd

Sometimes I'm the instructor of a Zoom drawing class, sometimes I'm the model, and occasionally, I'm the camera and computer operator. When David models and the class consists of shorter poses, I'm kept busy  running the equipment.  But on a recent evening class via Zoom, David sat for a portraiture class, and I sketched while keeping an eye on the timer, the camera and the computer.  

Each portrait I draw of David has its own personality.  I call this the portrait of David as a Young Nerd.  As a big fan of nerds, I'm happy with that aspect of the drawing, and can remember him as a young man well-versed in physics, computers and technology.   

I used a graphite pencil, and it felt good to be able to work with a fine-pointed instrument after many Zoom classes using charcoal.


No comments:

Post a Comment