Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Self Care: Enchanted Tea Party

 

One of my favorite self-care tricks right now is the Enchanted Tea Party.  I brew up a pot of herbal tea, put on a fun outfit, and create! 

Recently, I took inspiration from the bold & contrasting colors in Lynne Perrella's book Artists' Journals & Sketchbooks (Quarry Books, 2004). 
I pulled out my art journal & art supplies, and began layering bright acrylic paints and bold markers, then glued on some text and hand-wrote a quote.  All while sipping delightful Elderberry-Lemon Balm tea.  Time drifted away, my body and mind relaxed, and I slipped into creative mode.  
The bold, bright colors spilled sunshine into my soul, and freed up my mind to play.
I even incorporated the quotes from the tea bag labels into my page spread.
The beauty of creating in my art journal for me is that I allow myself liberty to create anything I want to.  There are no rules, only techniques to explore & materials to play with.  If I don't like some element of a page, I can paint or collage over it.  Each layer adds interest.
I found a quote, and felt the rich vermilion and carmine reds invited such bold thoughts, so I wrote it in and added some decorations with permanent markers.
If you would like to join me for an in-person course in creating your own art journal, follow this link: https://ccbc.coursestorm.com/category/arts?page=2

For information about my upcoming in-person art classes, follow this link to the Community College of Beaver County website, and click on the "Arts" button: https://ccbc.coursestorm.com/ 

I would love to see you in one of my art courses!





No comments:

Post a Comment