Monday, February 14, 2022

Osher Figure Drawing -- Portraiture with Model Robin

 An impromptu visit from my best friend, Robin, intersected with an ice storm that kept my scheduled portraiture model from being able to travel to my home studio, and the result was a wonderful class on drawing the face and head.

My dear friend stepped in to fill the gap, and we began with 1 minute gestures of the structure of Robin's head in various different poses -- looking up, looking down, presenting profile and front-on views.
We then took 2 minutes to create more developed gesture drawings of just Robin's head and neck, refining our sketches and adding in more details.

My final 2-minute drawing was beginning to look more like Robin.

I demonstrated how to draw the face and head in more detail including the placement of the features, and studies of each in the front-on view and in profile.

We finished up the session with a long pose of about an hour.

Many thanks to my dear friend, Robin!

No comments:

Post a Comment