Monday, June 27, 2022

My New Studio!

The last two years have seen my living room evolve into a Zoom studio.  My art studio used to be in the hay loft of my old barn, but the heat and cold up there made it uncomfortable to work in except during spring and fall.

With our Zoom sessions mostly over, I'm using the space for my painting, drawing, art journaling and preparations for classes.  It's lovely having a comfortable space with room to store my art materials!
Along the walls, we've hung gallery railing that allows me to admire artworks from my work table, and to easily change the display without drilling more holes in the walls.  Notice the portrait that I use as my avatar on the left -- an oil painting by Pittsburgh artist William Pfahl.  You can see more of his work here: https://williampfahl-fineart.com/

I'm loving being able to stop in and play in my art journal for a few minutes, or for hours, and having the space to leave projects out without concern for little mouse feet running over them while I'm away!

No comments:

Post a Comment