Monday, September 12, 2022

Watercolor Lessons with Yelena Lamm

I've long admired Pittsburgh area painter Yelena Lamm, and recently I've been taking watercolor painting lessons from her.  I want to learn how to paint with the intense, fresh colors I see in her work.  

Above is a sunset scene painted after my first lesson. I worked from a photo I took in May on my farm.  Yelena helped me to approach painting in a new way, focusing on the general impression of the scene, working quickly with a wet edge.  She reminds me to plan my painting before putting brush to paper.  

September always inspires me to learn something new.  If you'd like to try something new artistically, I invite you to join me for a class.  You can find my CCBC classes here. Click on "Arts."

I hope to see you in a future class!

No comments:

Post a Comment