Sunday, January 29, 2023

Collage Journal Pages

I use a small, spiral journal as a daily planner.  
It's filled with to-do lists, creative ideas, & notes on projects. 

 I've been playing with collage, using pages from old books, typewritten sentiments for inspiration, homemade stamps, washi tape and tissue paper from old sewing patterns.

And what better place to play and experiment than in my daily planner? 

I make this art for myself, to spruce up my planner, and to experiment with collage designs.
It's a lovely form of self care that gives me space to play creatively, 
and give myself encouragement as I go through my daily routines.
Many of the old papers, sewing patterns & some pens came from the Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse, a thrift shop dedicated to art materials.

I bought this new-to-me planner there.  Filled with luscious thick, creamy paper and fine lines, it calls out to be decked with collage, encouraging words, and my own wonky stamps.

Making art doesn't have to be expensive.  Use what you have, and give yourself some time to play.  

You'll be surprised what a few scraps of old paper and some stamped designs can do to brighten a simple spiral notebook.

What words of encouragement would you like to read as you jot tomorrow's to-do list?  Write them, type them, or cut them out of an old book or magazine, and glue them down.  

A little self care every day lifts the spirits, especially this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment