Sunday, March 31, 2019

More Figure Drawing & Painting

My Figure Drawing page is filling up with images, and I thought I'd stash a few new ones here in the main blog.  Attending open studios organized through the Pittsburgh Figure Drawing Meetup, has kept my hand in practice.  I was inspired by the artist Sarah Davis, who paints the figure with a simple set of pan watercolors and a water brush, and so painted the model Joanna with watercolors.  These are from March 16th, 2019.


Joanna had spoken of missing her "Intended," a soldier who was in the desert and was due back later in the spring.  I could sense her longing for her beloved, and the close relationship they had in spite of the distance. She seemed to pour everything in her life -- her joy, her loneliness, her love -- into her poses, and the emotion and energy swept us all away.


Joanna finished with a powerful long pose -- we would later deem it her "Starship Captain" pose.  Elegant, professional, poised.  Thanks for the inspiration, Joanna!


No comments:

Post a Comment