Monday, February 17, 2020

Thrifted Art Supplies

On Valentine's Day, hubby and I went out to our favorite Goodwill Thrift Store, and in addition to finding a half-price scarlet sweater, I also turned up a box of brightly-colored chalks for $3.  I felt so excited about finding those vivid colors when I needed them the most -- in the depths of February!

As soon as we returned home (after dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant), I busted into the box, and tried out my new chalks on some newsprint.  Luscious violet and magenta mingled with oceanic blue-green and cerulean.  Twenty-four of the most eye-popping colors were mine to play with.

In the morning, the sun rising through a clear sky inspired me to grab a piece of black mat board to capture the scene on.  Art is the most fun when we allow ourselves to play.




No comments:

Post a Comment