Sunday, October 3, 2021

Pencil Drawing in the Campground

 

I've been teaching a pencil drawing class at the Community College of Beaver County, and am delighting in playing with drawing pencils in my nature journal.  I took a little time to sit in an empty campsite at Raccoon Creek State Park and sketch a friendly-looking RV under the spreading boughs of a couple of pines.

Changing art mediums brings new inspiration and insights.  Being able to follow along each curving, gnarled branch with my HB mechanical pencil, and explore the textures of bark, pine needles and twiggy branches thrilled me. 

And sitting quietly and sketching feels relaxing, connecting, like a meditation.

Wishing you time today to sit and sketch something that draws your eye, simply for the joy of exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment