Monday, July 18, 2022

Discovering Summer's Greens

With summer in its full glory, I've been exploring all the shades of green I can create.  I purchased several new tubes of Winsor & Newton watercolor paint, and there's nothing like swatching new color combinations to discover cool, warm, muddy to rich verdant greens.  

If you ever find yourself artistically stuck in neutral and looking for a good warm-up to get you creating, color-mixing is a no-pressure adventure that can help you understand colors.  Some artists keep entire journals of just colors they've discovered so they can refer back to them.
When I had discerned the 24 colors I wanted to work with in the field, I found a leak-proof folding palette to carry them in.

Why not celebrate the greens of summer by mixing all of your yellows and earth tones with all of your blues?  Then mix your greens with your yellows, blues and earth tones to see what you get.  

Happy color mixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment