Monday, October 9, 2023

Pencil Drawing Class at CCBC

 

I'm currently teaching a beginner's course in Pencil Drawing at the Community College of Beaver County.

I asked my students to bring in a small object to our first class to draw -- first from memory and then from observation.  I invite you to try this activity, and notice which approach is easier-- drawing what you remember or drawing what you see?  Which technique creates a more accurate drawing?

Leave me a comment below with what you discovered!

The class meets once a week.  In order to keep developing our skills, we draw every day.  This week's prompt is to draw your breakfast. 
I must admit to missing some days, but these flapjacks and blueberries were so beautiful, I had to sketch them.

Having a plan to draw every morning helps to make it happen.


If you're interested in learning more about pencil drawing, please join us for the next course -- Pencil Drawing: Colors and Shading.  The class begins on November 6th, and runs 4 weeks.

Find out more & register here:

https://ccbc.coursestorm.com/category/arts


Copyright 2023 Betsy Bangley, Betsy's Bliss Art Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment