Thursday, June 18, 2020

Collage Creations, Week One



I love the way that creating with collage opens up opportunities to mingle materials and images.  I once used to try to create "perfect" collages and artworks, but I have come to realize that getting in the neighborhood of "good" is far more productive and satisfying.  Yesterday, as I taught Collage Creations online, I spread out my materials and just let my eyes fall on interesting pieces to use -- postage stamps, book pages, maps, pressed plants, etc.  Later, I was happily surprised by connections I saw within my compositions, and it reinforced that I can trust my intuition.  That's the best thing about art for me - the after-effect of peaceful reverie and contentment.

Here are some collage post cards I created during class yesterday.









No comments:

Post a Comment