Saturday, June 13, 2020

Figure Drawing Update: Hands & Feet with Amelia

Model Amelia gave us some beautiful poses yesterday during our Osher class. 

I talked about the importance of shading, even simply choosing three tones: lightest lights, darkest darks and a midtone.  By observing these values, and representing them in your drawing, you add substantial depth.

I was working on paper grocery bags from Trader Joe's, with charcoal and colored chalks.





 I demonstrated how to draw hands and feet in class.







I repeated the gesture activity from last week, inviting my students to make a very quick, messy, loose gesture drawing with one color of chalk or pastel, and then slow down and finish the drawing by using a second color of chalk to capture the contour lines.  



 

  














No comments:

Post a Comment