Friday, January 8, 2021

Art for Self-Care: Celebrate Your Art

 

Yesterday morning, as the sun splashed color on the distant clouds, I painted a quick landscape in my daily planner.  Peachy and golden hues highlighted a lavender cloud bank and caught my eye.  The simple act of painting, observing, & finding those colors on my palette, lifted my spirits.  


This morning, before the sun rose, I had my morning tea with that watercolor sketch.

I have a habit of propping little sketches and paintings I've done where I can see them throughout the day.  I recommend this practice. You instantly connect with that moment of artistic meditation, when you were focused on something you found beautiful.  

We could all use more beauty in our lives.  

Celebrate yourself and your artwork by finding a space to display your latest artwork -- even sketches & doodles.  The more you take joy in your art, the more art you create, and pretty soon, you find yourself following your bliss to new discoveries.


2 comments:

  1. I love this suggestion of what to do with our little drawings. And your use of color in the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like this idea. I hope you'll celebrate your art, too! And thanks for your compliment on my color!

      Delete