Saturday, March 6, 2021

Figure Drawing Friday Night with Lady Poser

Model Kathryn Zapalo introduced me to a Toronto, Canada model who works under the name Lady Poser & holds Zoom Open Studio sessions.  I attended her Friday, March 5th session and was impressed with her professionalism, creativity and pose diversity.  

You can see Lady Poser's Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/mynudefigure/   

We began with quick gestures of 1,2, & 3 minutes.  I drew those with a Sharpie on brown craft paper.


I switched to drawing with Conte crayon for the 4-,5-, & 6-minute poses and beyond.


About halfway through, LP changed outfits into a flowy, floral dress and hat.




She finished up with a portrait pose.
I wished I could have been there in person to draw her.  The laptop camera she used didn't capture tonal values very well, and fine detail was limited.  

Aside from the technical limitations, she really put her heart into her work and brought the inspiration!  My thanks to Lady Poser.











No comments:

Post a Comment