Monday, May 10, 2021

Spring Nature Journal Update

One of the lovely things about keeping a nature journal is that you get to track the progress of trees leafing out, wildflowers blooming, and migratory birds returning and nesting.  

If you look closely at the drawing below, you can see a Canada Goose sitting on her nest.  


Spring has been busy, and I haven't journaled as much as I usually do.  But I take opportunities when they arise. David & I paddled the Raccoon Creek State Park lake in a canoe recently, and I took my journal aboard.  Quick gestures were all I could capture, but that helped to free me up to observe & draw.
Back on the trail a few days later, the familiar faces of Mayapples on the forest floor charmed me.

I find that in making simple sketches of Mayflowers and Canada Geese, I pause, connect with Creation, and feel calm.  I always come away more grateful and relaxed.

I hope you get the opportunity to sit and feel the healing power of nature in this way.  The world is bursting with new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment