Sunday, May 16, 2021

Watercolor Explorations: Still Life with Veggies

My Osher Zoom Watercolor Explorations class has begun.  Each week, we practice watercolor techniques & discuss background information, and then each person sets up their own still life. We paint together via Zoom.  You can see my students' work here.

This week, I selected fruits and vegetables as the subject for our still life.  

I placed the red pepper, onion and eggplant in a roughly triangular composition, then literally tossed the three yellow peppers into the scene to keep the layout looking lively.  
I was drawn to the lusciousness of the bright red pepper against the deep purple eggplant.  After class, I added a little fine Micron pen to define forms & shadows further. 

Why not set up a still life with delectable produce and paint or sketch it?  When you're done, you can always cook your subject up into a tasty stew!


No comments:

Post a Comment