Friday, July 21, 2023

Painting Flowers with Pastels

I've been teaching a class in painting flowers with pastels at the Community College of Beaver County.  

Each week, I buy flowers for class, and bring in pastel paper to match.  We sketch and paint the flowers while listening to classical music. 

The first class we had gorgeous fuchsia & yellow lilies.  We practiced drawing them on brown craft paper, and then switched to Canson Mi Teintes pastel paper.
In each class, I demonstrate the process of beginning the drawing, then adding colors and finishing with details.

This week, we drew bright, summery sunflowers. The rich oranges and yellows felt inspiring and sunny.

If you'd like to take a class with me, check out my classes page here:

https://betsyblissart.blogspot.com/p/online-art-classes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment