Monday, July 10, 2023

Collage Planner Pages

My best friend Robin says that instead of "To Do" lists, she makes "Get To Do" lists for each day.  
I love that idea, and have taken it one step further, collaging and decorating my "Get to Do" pages.

I started with an out-of-date planner that I purchased for a quarter at the Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse.  The quality of the paper, and the graph paper style attracted my eye.  I simply write a new date over top of the printed date.
I decorated these pages with stamps I made by cutting designs into pink erasers.  You can read a blog post about making those stamps here.

You can see some of my other collaged journal pages here.
I also use colored pencils & permanent ink pens to create pages like these.  I doodled a shape, then responded to that shape by adding other shapes and lines.

This is one of those projects that eliminates the fear of not being "perfect." It's just a planner page, so there's no pressure.

It helps me to see how reducing expectations on myself opens me up to follow my intuition, to stop judging my art making, and to free up my lines.

What if I created like this all the time?!

What if you gave this a try? 
Use what you have and doodle in your daily planner.  See what develops.
You may find new lines, shapes and approaches in your art making.
Happy Exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment