Monday, May 6, 2024

Tiny Art: Morel Mushroom

Out hiking the other day, we found this morel mushroom under a bower of Christmas ferns.  I snapped this photo and then painted the scene in gouache in my studio.
I'll bet you could scroll through your phone right now and find a photo of a flower, or other inspiring bit of nature you'd like to make a drawing or painting of.  

Making it small and simplifying the scene will help to prevent feeling overwhelmed.

Remind yourself that you're just going to play around with art supplies.

When you're done, set it aside and come back to it a day later.   It took me about 12 hours to decide I liked my little gouache painting in my nature journal.

Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. I'm betting the place of that Morel is secret too as that is the holy grail of mushrooms 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I haven't told a soul where that mushroom is!😉

      Delete