Tuesday, May 12, 2020

100th Post: Hawkweed Blossoms

The Hawkweed blooms boldly in spite of the spring snow squalls and frosts. This watercolor with pen & ink painting is from a photo I used for my most recent online painting class. 

The day before class, I took my photographer husband on a hike with his Nikon D200 and pointed out scenes of interest I wanted reference images of.  He supplied me with a collection of great photos to send to my students.

The day of class, my students and I warmed up with contour drawings of these Hawkweed flowers and one little native bee perched on a blossom.  Later, I completed this quick sketch in my nature journal.  I love the contrast of bright colors and defining black lines.

This post marks 100 in my blog to date.  Thanks for following along with me on my art explorations!



No comments:

Post a Comment