Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Figure Drawing Update: Amelia

Last Friday in my Osher Figure Drawing Zoom class, Amelia brought us creative and beautiful poses. Her gestures were particularly well thought-out and varied.




I demonstrated how to approach drawing the head and face, and David stepped in to help by providing a second face to compare. 

As we reviewed the collective results of our 15-minute portraits, I talked with the participants about how we as artists commonly draw our own faces on our models.  I think it's part of the connection we feel towards that person we are drawing, our empathy for them and our shared humanity we are expressing.  We are all one tribe, and figure drawing allows us to feel that connection, to practice our empathy, even over the miles via Zoom. Below is a portrait of Amelia-as-me or me-as-Amelia.



No comments:

Post a Comment