Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Nature Journal Update: Spring Birds!

I have a bird feeding station just outside of my art studio window.
I set out a bag of stale cashews for the birds,
and a troupe of Blue Jays swooped in to gobble up the bounty.
After the nuts & the Blue Jays had disappeared, a Rufous-Sided Towhee appeared just outside my studio window, and began scratching the earth to find fallen seeds.
The bird that has been called "The master of the two-footed scratch" charms me with its bright whistle, its bold colors and curious nature. 

What a gift to get to sketch it right from my studio!

I began with a Pitt Artist Pen, and then added Neocolor II watercolor crayons for intense color.  I used a wet brush on some the sketches of the Junco & the Blue Jays to mix the colors and brighten the colors.

A lovely way to start my Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment