Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Spring Nature Journal Update and Class Announcement!

On a recent hike with David, I stopped to sketch one of many Trilliums blooming along the trail.  A few minutes, and the memory of the spring woods was locked in for me to savor any time I leaf through my nature journal. 
Down the trail, we met a morel mushroom hunter, weary from his day's hike and search.  He shared his story with the song of American Toads providing the background music.  
Back at home, the American Goldfinches seem to be nearly through their spring molt.  Most of the males' feathers are bright canary yellow, though a few still have some patches of olive colored winter feathers, like this fellow above.

Following the seasons with sketches and observations in a nature journal has brought me a sense of grounding and peace.  I feel connected to my wild relations, knowing what's happening in the woods, fields and streams. This practice slows me down and helps me hone my drawing skills.

Would you like to get started in Nature Journaling?

I invite you to join me at my next Nature Journaling class: 

Tuesday, May 14th from 6-9 PM at the Community College of Beaver County's new site: 

625 E McMurray Rd, McMurray, PA 15317

To register and for more information, follow this link:

https://ccbc.coursestorm.com/category/arts1


The course will be an introduction to keeping a nature journal. No drawing experience is required. Learn techniques for recording what you see in nature, and discover the self care benefits of keeping a nature journal. We'll begin indoors with inspiration and an introduction to techniques, then go outdoors to explore and create!

All materials are provided. Please dress for the weather.
I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment