Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Upcycling:Tiny Art in Photographic Slide Frames

Have you seen art journalers reusing photographic slide frames to hold tiny art?  All you have to do is pop open the slide, remove the photographic film, and replace it with your own art. Then glue or tape the frame back together.

I tried this out, and found that it's really easy to fill such a tiny space with art.  It's tricky to fit words into the small area, but if you keep your affirmation short, it works!

I plan to give these to friends and family, and to leave them in public places where folks can find them and feel uplifted.

The world is full of negativity and hardship.  But we can each shine a little light and positivity by making art, leaving encouragement for another person to find.

You can read more inspirational ideas at the Random Note Project website here: 


I received a random note the night before I taught my first figure drawing class years ago.  I was nervous and questioning myself.  This note shifted my thinking and helped me feel more settled.

What message would you love to receive from someone out there in the world?  
What messages would you like to share with others who could use your encouragement?

I hope you create your own random notes of kindness to share.

If you'd like some practice making tiny art, I'll be teaching a class in creating Tiny Art with gouache at the Community College of Beaver County in Monaca, PA starting Saturday, April 13th at 10 AM.

You can learn more about the class and sign up here:

https://ccbc.coursestorm.com/

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment