Thursday, October 17, 2024

Fall Color Hike

A sunny autumn day found me hiking in the state park with a pack of art supplies.  Combining nature time, exercise and creativity is a favorite self care activity of mine.  I sketched this scene using a small travel watercolor kit and a water brush pen, allowing the scene to be messy and playful.
This photo of the scene shows that I left out lots of details, and wasn't accurate.
I always remind my students, 
You are not a camera; you're an artist! 
A log alongside the trail made a comfy seat.
I made a pencil sketch to get the proportions and details in the right places on this beech leaf.
Here are some photos I took along my hike.  I invite you to sketch, paint, draw or create with them in your own way.



Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment