Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Nature Journal: Autumn Goldenrod

I often walk and snap photos of the goings-on in nature.  It's a lovely way to get exercise, air my thoughts out and stay connected to nature.
Back in the studio, I can pull out my art supplies and make a drawing or painting of something that caught my attention on the walk, using a photo for reference.
In this case, the goldenrods blooming in the sunshine were so stunning, they inspired me to make a colored pencil and ink drawing.

What out in nature catches your eye?  What inspires you?

Remember, you don't have to create a perfect likeness of whatever you draw or paint.  Let it be an inspired artwork that expresses your admiration of nature.

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Love you work as always
    Would like to reconnect sometime 😊

    ReplyDelete