Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Painting Flowers with Pastels Final Week

In the final week of my class Painting Flowers with Pastels, I picked zinnias, Queen Anne's lace, mint & clover from my own gardens and fields for my students to paint.  Here's my classroom demonstration sketch.

I used a combination of Rembrandt, Grumbacher, Schmincke and Sennelier soft pastels -- a collection of materials I have picked up secondhand at places like the Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse.

I have a habit of bringing in a variety of different brands of materials to my classes, and inviting my students to try them out.  I think it's valuable to "test-drive" high quality art supplies before investing in them.  

I must admit, the few Sennelier pastels in my collection are a dream to work with -- soft, with dense, rich colors.

I hope you'll join me for an art class.  The Community College of Beaver County schedule of fall classes is online and open for sign-ups.  You can find my art classes here:

https://ccbc.coursestorm.com/category/arts


No comments:

Post a Comment