Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Travel to Southampton and the Isle of Wight

Leaving London, we hopped a train to the port city of Southampton.  

I had intended to paint the landscape from the train, but we traveled at such high speed, and the train was packed with riders. So, I just enjoyed the experience.
Arriving at our hotel, we stopped in the restaurant for lunch, and I sketched the scene outside the window while we waited.
Later, we walked around Southampton, and I snapped photos of the quaint old town scenery.


The next day, we took a ferry to the Isle of Wight and the town of Cowes, 

where I bought this giant scone.

We walked down to a pebble beach to eat our scone,
 and I took the opportunity to paint.
 I hope you'll make use of these photos of the scenery of southern England in your own creative way!

No comments:

Post a Comment