Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Watercolor: Autumn in the Field

After all the puttering, swatching, color mixing and playing around, I finally slipped back into painting with a scene that I see nearly every morning. 

Not every painting is successful, but every painting teaches me something.

I'm happy with this painting.  I focused on the parts of the backlit scene that really attracted my eye -- the glowing foliage against the dark trunks, the foreground milkweed plants like lanterns against the shadowed bushes, and the crimson berries and leaves announcing the turn of the season to fall. 

Do you take regular walks around your neighborhood?  Why not look for scenes that appeal to your artist's eye and take a picture, make a drawing or paint the scene.  I hope you find some beauty to inspire you today!

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment