Sunday, June 27, 2021

Nature Journal Update: June is Busting Out All Over!

June has blossomed into lush greenness and colorful flowers!
 
I recently purchased a set of Derwent Inktense colored pencils, and I used them to try to capture the bold colors of the day lilies blooming off my front porch.  I love the rich colors these pencils lay down. You can also add water with a brush to get a more ink-like look.

These pages were done with my favorite old set of Prismacolor colored pencils.  They've hiked hundreds of miles with me.
How very calming I find sitting in nature and following the contours and details of a tree trunk.  The rest of the world drops away, and I am left with only my art, and my connection with the tree.  

I hope you find time this summer to sit in nature and connect!


No comments:

Post a Comment