Thursday, June 3, 2021

Watercolor Sketching on a Summer Day

 

One lovely summer morning, I found myself with some time to create. Sitting on my front porch, I was drawn to the lush treeline where it met the sky, and simply started "sketching" with my paints and brush.  I followed the forest canopy down the hill with my brush, and included the single-wide trailer down the hill, the place where we lived while we built our solar home.  Tucked in between the hills, the trees and the tall pasture grasses, it charmed me.W

With all the green-on-green, I felt like the scene needed a bit more contrast to come to life, so I used a Micron pen to add contour lines.
Sometimes, it's a pleasure to let the scene lead you in your painting, to experiment and make discoveries.  


No comments:

Post a Comment