Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Portrait Society of America Open Studio Session with David

Sunday afternoon, Lorrie Minnecozzi, the local ambassador for the Portrait Society of America, opened her home to artists for a figure drawing session.  David was our model for the session, dressed in Victorian garb.

The session began with a series of 2-minute gestures.




With our drawing hands warmed up, David took several 5-minute poses before starting the long seated pose.

After getting David's body and face laid in, I enjoyed the challenge of drawing in the fabric folds and buttons.  Lorrie loaned me a fantastic 9XXB pencil to try, and I was impressed with the range of values it was capable of making --really juicy dark darks to delicate, light lines.  I used it for my long drawing, and will look for one of my own in my next art materials purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment