Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Sketching Leaves

The wonderful thing about a nature journal is that you can tuck it under your arm along with a few drawing tools and take to a woodland trail to make discoveries.  Here, I took my nature journal along on a hike.  When we stopped for a water break, I sketched the leaves at my feet.

The connection with nature, the beauty of the day, all are recorded here for me to return to, along with the note that it was "A day of interesting woods travelers to talk with."

My nature journal contains lots of memories as well as my artistic journey -- the  types of media I enjoy using at any particular time & my evolving skills.  And, I record what was happening in nature each season.

I hope you'll take some time to sketch in a nature journal with your favorite medium, and enjoy your connection with art and the earth.


Copyright 2023 Betsy Bangley.

No comments:

Post a Comment