Monday, November 13, 2023

The Last Bouquet of Autumn

The night before the first frost, I stepped outside under the moonlight, with scissors and baskets in hand to collect frost-sensitive flowers, herbs and vegetables.  

Having all of that fragrant life indoors inspired me to sketch these zinnias, Queen Anne's Lace and basil tucked in an old Mason jar.

Later, I walked in a nearby corner of Raccoon Creek State Park, sketching an old cabin on top of a hill, and the woods in the floodplain along a big creek.

This is the season for nature journaling!  

Earthy color and beauty reside in the landscape, just waiting to be witnessed, sketched and enjoyed.  Journaling like this never fails to relax me, and make me grateful for the beauty around me.

I hope you find some time to walk in nature, make some sketches and take advantage of nature's healing balm.



Copyright 2023 Betsy Bangley.

No comments:

Post a Comment