Saturday, November 18, 2023

Sunrise with Vintage Prismacolors

The other morning, I was sitting at my art studio work table and glimpsed a view into the sky that inspired me.  I had just gotten a pack of Prismacolor colored pencils from the 1980's, and this was the ideal opportunity to test them out.

I layered in the pinks and blues with pale blue and white, trying to mimic the rich colors that I saw outside.  The overcast morning meant that the horizon treeline was dark.  With most of the leaves gone, the treetops created a lacework, with peeks of light and color showing through.
I played with different mark making to express the texture of the treeline, which turned out to be a delight in itself.

Every time I pick up my nature journal to draw, I learn something new.  I slow down, notice details and feel refreshed.  

I hope you get a chance to slow down and draw in nature -- or just out the window.  Art and nature make a healing combination!


Copyright 2023 Betsy Bangley

No comments:

Post a Comment