Saturday, December 23, 2023

Care December: Coldness

I love the idea of tuning into the coolness of the color blue in this prompt.  
Blue looks cooler when you put it next to warm colors like spots of yellow and orange 
by the candles' glow.
This morning, I set up in my studio at dawn with a hot pot of tea and my art supplies to take on the Care December prompt:Coldness.
I had prepared a page spread of vellum paper with clear gesso, so that I could easily draw with Inktense colored pencils and NeocolorII crayons.
A wet brush moved the pigment and brought the colors to life.
I love how the vellum looks like stained glass when held up to window light.

I hope you get some time to create -- this project took me about 15 minutes.  Even a little time spent creating can be great self care.

No comments:

Post a Comment