Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Care December: What Makes You Feel Joyful & Fluid?

I've been taking Kasia Avery's online art journaling course, Care December, at my own pace.  I love that I can have days that I jump right in and follow the prompt, 
and days that I take time off and save the session until I can savor it. 

Today's prompt invited us to think about what makes us feel relaxed, fluid and joyful.  

We used string and blue ink, and I luckily had some of both, 
We dunked the string in the ink bottle, then flopped the inky string on the page, closed the journal and pulled the string slowly out.
I love the wispy, swirly lines that this technique creates.
The designs looked like the engraved drawings of seashells found in vintage science books. 

Relaxing by the ocean is one of the things that makes me feel fluid and joyful, so I kept the "seashell" marks and added ink washes & colored pencil lines around them.

  
The blue, Serendipity ink ($2 at PCCR) has lovely, shimmery qualities when it dries, 
and looks red in the photo.
Interestingly, I bought the white Prismacolor pencil at the PCCR, too. 

If you haven't joined in Care December yet, there's still time to participate!

Even if you read this post long after December 2023, you can still find the course on Kasia's website.

I hope you take some time to make some art just for joy, just for yourself -- For self-care!




Copyright 2023 Betsy Bangley. All rights reserved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment