Thursday, January 25, 2024

A Blast from the Past

 
 I was digging through my printmaking supplies, looking for old Valentine's Day designs when I found this oversized postcard that I made in 2005.

I designed the art, then carved it into a linoleum block print. I printed up a batch of these on a variety of papers to make Valentine's cards for family and friends.

 I didn't have to travel to get the heart-shaped postmark. 

I shipped a batch of Valentine's cards in a manila envelope to the Postmaster of Valentines Virginia 23887 with a note requesting that they postmark and mail the cards from their town.  I included this postcard to myself so I could have a copy of the festive postmark.

You can still do this trick to get your Valentines postmarked with a heart.  Here are some cities to try:

Postmaster,  23 Manning Drive, Valentines, Virginia  23887
Postmaster, 239 N. Hall St., Valentine NE 69201-9998
Postmaster, 311 California Avenue, Valentine, TX 79854

For more information, check out the US Postal Service's Valentine's postmark information page:

Wishing you a cozy, creative Valentine-making session!

No comments:

Post a Comment