Sunday, January 21, 2024

Photographer David Mollenhauer Visits the Studio

One of the things I love about making art is that it allows the rest of us to see the world from the artist's eyes.  Only you will see a scene from your unique viewpoint, and your art reflects what's important and beautiful to you.

That's one of the things that makes these photos exciting to me; they allow me to see my familiar art studio in a new light -- through the eyes of photographer David Mollenhauer.

If you'd like to see more of his work, visit his website here:

David shot these images with a Nikon Z8, using a Petzval lens.


The images below were photographed with a 70-180 mm lens on the Z8.

I'm blown away by these images.
Part of that is due to David's artfulness in the composition, lighting, and treatment of each scene.

I think it also has to do with the fact that I spend time in this studio every day.

This room was transformed over the last four years from a living room to an art and photographic studio. At first, everything was stripped away. Slowly, artworks and artifacts have accumulated, building the energy of the space from a mere room into a place of discovery, exploration, and creativity.

I see the result of all of this effort with new eyes when I flick through David's photographs in a way that I never noticed over the gradual transformation of these past four years.

Isn't that the beauty of each of us sharing our own unique viewpoint through our art?

Many thanks to David Mollenhauer for his visit, his photos, and for allowing me to share his work on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment