Sunday, August 9, 2026

A New Kind of Bookbinding!

I discovered a new style of bookbinding that allows you to bind together a stack of single pages like this book of different-sized postcards.  I learned the technique by watching Tanya McGuire's YouTube video here:

She links to a blog by Karin Bartimole with handy, printable instructions:

After making the first book above, I gathered some papers and postcards I wanted to use in a book for my sister, who shares my love of art journaling.
I held them together with binder clips...
...and punched 3 holes in every page of the stack with a leather sewing awl.
Then I began sewing pages onto the stack.  With this method, you start at the back cover of the book and add pages working forward to the front cover.
The binding allows the pages to turn easily.
Here's the final book.

Here's a flip-through video of the book:

I hope this inspires you to create your own journal!

Happy Creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment