Thursday, June 22, 2023

A Watercolor Sketch A Day Brings ... Delight!

I've been painting in my sketch book at the kitchen counter at breakfast, and looking out the window to the trees outside.  I begin by finding one area that fascinates me. Here, it was that deep shadowy bit in the bottom left area of the trees. I paint directly on the paper without a pencil sketch and expand my painting out from there.  


Simply practicing, exploring, playing in my sketchbook brings ...

New discoveries
A low-impact way to learn how to put on paper what I see
Better brush skills
Joy
A meditation on nature, color & stillness
Artwork to prop in my studio to remind me I'm an artist.


What would painting or drawing at the breakfast table bring for you?
What little moments of down time in your life can you fit artistic explorations and peace into?

No comments:

Post a Comment