Saturday, June 10, 2023

Inspiration from a Bookshelf

Last week, I assisted with a photoshoot in The Space Upstairs, a vintage warehouse turned dance studio in the East End of Pittsburgh.  

The vast open spaces, burnished wood floors, & eclectic furnishings were curated by creative visionary Pearlann Porter, head of The Pillow Project dance company. 
I've never really felt inspired by interior furnishings as a watercolor subject, but The Space Upstairs enchanted me from the moment I walked up the creaky wooden stairs.

I felt like a kid in a magical playhouse.  And this bookshelf was the most spellbinding part of the scene.
I painted this sketch from the photo below.
I love the way that Pearlann Porter's creative expression sparked inspiration for me, 
and I'm sure countless others.

When we follow our own creative vision and push past the doubts, 
we lift others around us and shed light on their journey.

May you pursue your creative passions!

No comments:

Post a Comment