Thursday, June 6, 2024

Plein Air Painting & Potluck on the Farm

We had a lovely, sunny day for our Osher Plein Air Painting & Potluck on the Farm this year.  Artists spread out all over our farm, finding scenes to paint.


I visited the artists as they painted, offering tips and encouragement to beginners. 










We all returned to the house for a potluck lunch.  

After lunch, we wrapped up with an art show.
Each artist shared the story of where they had settled to paint and what techniques they had used.  It gave the rest of us a chance to admire each others' work.
I always learn and take inspiration from other artist's paintings.  In fact, I learned new tricks and had fresh insights into a place where I spend a lot of time.




Below is my demonstration painting that I quickly splashed in to show the steps in watercolor painting.
Many thanks to photographer David from Long Story Short Photography, and to all the artists who participated.  I hope you'll keep painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment