Friday, September 8, 2023

Finishing Touches on my Travel Journal

Back at home, I wanted to tell the story of our journey with my travel journal.  I had left several blank pages at the start of the book.  I started with a title page.

I pulled several pages out of a worn & unraveling 1951 Rand McNally World Atlas, and glued them into my journal alongside a timeline of our travels. 

I love the colors in these old maps.
They match the historic and elegant Transatlantic Crossing.

Somehow, studying paper maps feels easier on my eyes than googling.
And, I can see the relationship of the area we traveled to the rest of the UK and Europe.
I like poring over the maps and noticing how the landscape becomes mountainous in Wales, or to study the coastline, thinking of the hiking trail I've read about. 
And it's always delightful to imagine future travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment